Brabus is back! This time we are aiming for a supercar whose standard version is already so violent, namely the Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4Matic .
They gave a special formula to the pacemaker and labeled this limited edition the Brabus Rocket 900 “One of Ten”.
Brabus actually describes it as a “limited-edition supercar”, though, obviously, it has nothing to do with the actual definition of a supercar. Nevertheless, the tuning company intends to build just 25 vehicles of the series, which is officially called Brabus 900 Rocket Edition, each carrying a price of €571,270 with German VAT included or approximately $681,600 at the current exchange rates.
The number “900” itself does refer to the Rocket’s power output of up to 900 hp. A significant jump considering the standard AMG GT 63 S 4Matic can only churn out 630 hp.
So, what has Brabus done ? They do still rely on the 4,000cc twin-turbo V8 but are supplied with a special crankshaft which is stroked-up to 100 mm.
Coupled with billet piston rods, larger forged pistons drill through each of the eight cylinders to 84 mm.
With this change, Brabus claims that the Rocket 900 “One of Ten” engine capacity increases to 4,407 cc from the original 3,982 cc engine cubication. Until they round it down to 4,500cc.
The forced-induction system is also supported by Brabus ‘ high performance turbocharger to provide maximum turbo boost pressure at 1.4 bar.
Not only that, the air intake system is now made of carbon fiber, combined with a new exhaust system made of stainless steel with a valve like valvetronic that you can choose to hoarse or not.
BRABUS 900 Rocket Edition Facts :
- There will be a total of 25 copies .
- The car was chosen with a newly developed version of the BRABUS Widestar aerodynamic exterior kit . It was tested in the wind tunnel and consists of parts made entirely of carbon fiber. Includes, among other things, a front spoiler, a rear wing and a custom speaker.
- The combination is Signature Black and Stealth Gray body colors .
- Other additional features are: the new exhaust finishes which are covered with a carbon fiber housing, which has integrated ROCKET Launch Ambience Light for an extra sporty and extravagant look; radiator grille with integrated RAM-AIR sockets; ROCKET Startup Glow and an illuminated ROCKET logo; as well as red signature stripes.
- New forged BRABUS Monoblock “PLATINUM EDITION” Z rims have been specially designed for this model , which are equipped with special BRABUS ROCKET 900 Aero Discs carbon fiber covers. It measures 24 inches (10Jx24 front and 12Jx24 rear) and can be combined with Continental, Pirelli or Yokohama tires (295/30 ZR 24 front and 355/25 ZR 24 rear).
- The BRABUS RideControl air suspension controls the ground clearance within 45 mm in two modes: Comfort or Sport.
- The double-circuit ventilated and perforated braking mechanisms contain 400 mm discs on the front axle and 370 mm on the rear.
- The V8 engine under the carbon hood is practically made from scratch. Its volume was increased from 4.0 to 4.5 liters (more precisely from 3,982 to 4,407 cm3), another crankshaft was installed, new connecting rods, larger and forged pistons, as well as cylinders enlarged in diameter up to 84 mm.
- We also have turbochargers, cooling and intake system, fuel pumps, stainless steel exhaust with active valves, etc. The electronic control unit has also been recalibrated.
- Thus, the propulsion unit came to generate 900 hp (+315) at 6,200 rpm and a maximum torque of 1,250 Nm from 2,900 rpm, but electronically limited to 1,050 Nm to protect the engine. Power is transmitted to all four wheels via a 4MATIC + system and the nine-speed SPEEDSHIFT MCT sports gearbox, which can also be switched manually with the new aluminum paddles behind the steering wheel.
- The new BRABUS engine makes the new BRABUS 900 Rocket Edition one of the most powerful AWD SUVs in the world, weighing 2,560 kg. It can now reach 0-100 km / h in 3.7 seconds , and top speed has been electronically limited to 280 km / h .
- The cabin has been completely upholstered again with fine black leather and Alcantara .
- The supercar in the pictures, finished in Stealth Gray, has all the controls and other applications in a finish that matches the color of the vehicle.
- And the car in Signature Black has exactly 216 pieces, from switches to cabin frames, all painted in ROCKET RED for contrast .
- Glossy carbon fiber, aluminum or stainless steel elements complete the sporty look. Options include an ambient lighting system for all ventilation deflectors.
- Instead of the rear seat there will be two individual seats that have multi-contoured adjustments, memory, heated and ventilation. Passengers there will also have access to a BRABUS Touch Control Panel with a 4.3-inch touch monitor . Three dials on the ceiling indicate the time, outside temperature and travel speed