While growing in proportions change to look more like an SUV. The front is more aggressive and maintains a similarity with Ridgeline and Passport. It highlights that the door handles are now conventional, and abandon in the rear that they were semi-hidden as in the previous generation. The rear has a sculpted design stroke, but not as provocative as the front.
- It has new headlights such as LED skulls, these are wider by 6.6 cm.
- It grew 23.88 cm long, remaining with a length of 4.57 m, the width is 1.84 m and the height is 1.62 m.
- The grille is more “expressive” and is flanked by curtain-type air intakes, which direct the air towards the wheels, this to improve aerodynamic efficiency.
- Piano finishes are used black, chrome and matt black in different parts of the body depending on the version.
- The wheels are made of aluminum and can be 17″ or 18″, the finish can be in silver, gray as well as glossy black.
Honda HR-V 2023: Interior
The interior has a modern, sober design, something we had already seen in the Civic. It highlights the floating screen of the Infotainment system, an insert with a honeycomb finish that runs in the middle of the console, fixed controls for the weather and a muscular center console, which contains various elements of operation of the car, but apparently leaves few spaces to place things.
- It has garments of seats in fabric with checkered design and leather with white highlights.
- The lever and the multifunction steering wheel are lined in leather.
- The rear seat boasts of being wider, to comfortably accommodate three people.
- The cargo area increased to 691 L and is increased by folding the seats 60/40 to 1,560 L.
Honda HR-V 2023: Connectivity and Infotainment
This new HR-V incorporates for the first time a digital dashboard and as for the touch screen of the infotainment system, it can be of different sizes depending on the version, what does come as standard is the connectivity with Android Auto as Apple Carplay.
- Above the dashboard, it is 7″ in all variants. On the left side you have a tachometer as a digital speedometer, and on the right side another analog speedometer (why don’t we know).
- For the LX and Sport versions, the screen is 7″.
- For the EX-L variant, the screen is 9″ and connectivity with Apple or Android smartphones is wireless.
- Notable equipment elements: induction charger and eight-speaker audio system.
Honda HR-V 2023: Technical and mechanical data
The 2023 Honda HR-V employs Honda’s new global architecture, as does the 11th. Generation of the Civic. This gives it better maneuverability, handling and is generally more refined. Ditch the old 1.8L gasoline engine, gain 17 more horsepower as 11 Lb-ft more torque. Data on a hybrid engine for the U.S. such as Mexico is unknown at the moment.
- We found a McPherson front suspension and new multi-link independent rear suspension.
- Itemploys a new 2.0 L block, four-cylinder 158 Hp and 138 Lb-ft of torque.
- It keeps the CVT automatic gearbox, but the brand claims that it was redesigned to give better power delivery, is more refined and less noisy.
- It features front-wheel drive or the Real AWD with Intelligent Control, which was tuned to send more torque to the rear wheels in slippery road situations.
- With front-wheel drive it promises a combined fuel consumption of 11.9 Km/l and with all-wheel drive it is 11.48 Km/l.
- It now incorporates hill descent control, the speed can be adjusted.
- Offers three new driving modes: Normal, Eco and Snow
Honda HR-V 2023: Safety
This HR-V 2023 comes recharged in terms of protection for the occupants, offers:
- 10 airbags
- Lane Change Control Assistant
- Traffic Sign Recognition Assistant
- Adaptive cruise control
- Blind spot assistant.
- Driver attention monitor.
- Low-speed braking control, to prevent low-speed collisions, worth the redundancy.
- Seat belt use alert for passengers travelling in rear seats.
- Honda Sensing system, with radar and front camera with a 100° viewing angle, detects pedestrians, cars, cyclists and more.
In the United States, the new Honda HR-V 2023 will be available this June (for Mexico we will give you information shortly of its arrival). It is sold in that market in three versions LX, Sport and EX-L with the option to choose front or all-wheel drive. Prices start from $23,650 to $28,950.
We leave you the photo gallery right away and tell us what do you think of the new Honda HR-V 2023?