The 2016 Mercedes Maybach S600 is the swankiest, most spacious, luxurious S-Class you can get. When Mercedes-Benz retired the Maybach marque a couple of years ago, most people thought the name would be consigned to history. But Mercedes has resurrected the emblem and is now using Maybach as a sub-brand to represent the ultimate version of its flagship sedan.
The lavish 2016 Mercedes Maybach S600 has been photographed here in the States to produce this fresh gallery ahead of its North American launch in April.
Mercedes’ latest venture in the high-end luxury car market builds on the S-Class taking the brand’s flagship sedan to new heights (and lengths, since it’s 7.9 inches or 200mm longer than the LWB S-Class) with the Germans claiming that it will satisfy “the very highest requirements in terms of exclusivity appointments and comfort”.
2016 Mercedes Maybach S600 Prices had better with a starting price of a small house at $189,350 plus another $925 for delivery and who knows how much more if you start crossing boxes on Merc’s comprehensive list of customization and personalization options.
The body has been stretched to allow reclining rear seats. Much of the cabin is hand-built and hand-stitched. There’s wood, chrome, leather, ambient lighting, fragranced air conditioning, champagne flutes, surround-sound entertainment, aircraft-style tables with leather writing inserts and many ways to personalize the interior.
- 6.0-liter V12 biturbo engine
- Nappa leather appointments, including the headliner, pillars and entire seats
- designo interior trims, plus additional options
- designo Manufaktur exterior colors, plus additional options
- Two standard Executive Rear Seats (outboard) with electronically adjustable calf support, 43.5-degree incline angle, rear seatbelt airbags and active belt buckles
- Standard champagne flutes
- Standard 20-inch wheels
- MAGIC BODY CONTROL suspension with ROAD SURFACE SCAN
- Standard Rear Seat Entertainment Package
- PRE-SAFE® Brake with Pedestrian Recognition
- PRE-SAFE® PLUS rear-end collision protection
- BAS PLUS® with Cross-Traffic Assist
- Head-up display
2016 Mercedes Maybach S600 also gets the biggest of engines: a 6.0-liter twin-turbo V12 thrumming with 523 horsepower and creating 612 lb-ft of torque, bringing an S600 badge to the tail of an S-Class once again. Meanwhile, the chauffeur gets a helping hand from many driver assistance features.
One thing you can’t change for now in North America is the 6.0-liter twin-turbo V12 delivering 523hp (530PS) used in the S600. Elsewhere, you can downgrade to the Mercedes-Maybach S500 with a 449hp (445PS) 4.7-liter bi-turbo V8 offered in both RWD and (from July this year) 4Matic AWD versions.
2016 Mercedes Maybach S600 Photos