The vehicular restriction of private cars could cause them to result in degradation of the battery, tires and internal fluids. So it is necessary to provide special care.
Vehicles need to be in motion to survive normally. Therefore, given the recent restriction on the circulation of private cars on the streets, they need special care. For in a permanent state of quiet, batteries degrade, tires lose pressure, internal fluids cool and can even stiffen.
Within the general measures, it is recommended to keep the car indoors to avoid damage to the body, such as paint, jebes and stickers; and, clean the interior periodically, to prevent mites, dust, pollen and bacteria from forming due to little use.
Whichever vehicle you own, Mitsui Automotive, details five practices to perform while your car remains in quarantine quiet:
- Check the levels of engine oil, brake fluid, radiator coolant, conventional batteries, and fluid level.
- Before turning it on, you must open the doors to allow it to ventilate for a few minutes.
- Leave the fuel level higher than half a tank to minimize its evaporation
- Turn on at least 2 times a week for a period of 20 minutes.
- Check the tire pressure and if possible move the car about 60 cm to maintain flexibility in the tires.
Likewise, it must be taken into account that not all cars must go through the same process, Vicente Higa, Toyota After-Sales Manager at Mitsui Automotriz., Indicates: “Hybrid vehicles must additionally carry out a special process once a week: Activate the power switch until the ‘Ready’ light comes on. Then, turn on the air conditioning and it will automatically start the engine (in this process the batteries will be charged) and leave it for about 20 minutes. It is not necessary to accelerate it ” .
Finally, it is also recommended after the quarantine period to take the vehicle to the dealer for a cabin wash and disinfection.