the 2016 Toyota Tacoma is finally ready to rock the road. The truck comes with a redesigned body and a larger front grille that makes it stand out among its competitors. The latest model has a new interior, all-new sheetmetal, a new V-6 engine, and a lot more new features. Despite all the newly added features, 2016 Toyota Tacoma’s price does not differ much from the previous model, which is great.
What’s New for the 2016 Toyota Tacoma?
EVERYTHING! The 2016 Tacoma marks the beginning of the mid-size truck’s third generation. It’s been rebuilt to be lighter and more rigid, making it competitive in the reemerging mid-size truck market. New suspensions, rear differential, and rear axle work together for a smoother ride on-road, while remaining extremely capable off-road.
The Tacoma’s interior has also been upgraded, and now includes a standard GoPro camera mount for the more adventurous truck driver.
The 2016 Tacoma has a starting MSRP of $23,300 for the base SR model, and tops out at $34,745 for the tricked-out Limited trim.
2016 Toyota Tacoma Exterior
New exterior features for the 2016 Tacoma include a larger and more prominent grille, projector beam headlamps, alocking tailgate, and an infused spoiler. The latter feature, along with the new character lines and front air dam work together to make the Tacoma more efficient, while retaining its aggressive new looks.
The 2016 Tacoma offers five separate trim levels: SR, SR5, TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, and Limited. Each model allows you to choose between Access Cab and Double Cab, except the Limited, which comes with standard Double Cab configuration. Depending on the model, you can also choose from a Short Bed, Standard Bed, and Long Bed.
Exterior available on SR
- 16-inch Styled steel wheels, Power outside mirrors, Composite bed, Deck rail system
Exterior available on SR5
- Charcoal grille with chrome surround
Exterior available on TRD Sport
- 17-inch Machined alloy wheels, Smoked Gray Chrome grille with chrome surround, LED Daytime Running Lights, Power side mirrors with turn signal indicators, Composite bed with 120V power outlet
Exterior available on TRD Off-Road
- 17-inch Machined Contrast alloy wheels, Chrome rear bumper, Black overfenders, Color-keyed door handles
Exterior available on Limited
- 18-inch Polished alloy wheels, Smoked-Gray-Finish grille with chrome surround, Power tilt/slide moonroof, Chrome-accented door handles
2016 Toyota Tacoma Commercials
General Motors took the unconventional route in their advertisement campaigns. They promoted the mid-sized pickup trucks as personal vehicles. The approach is completely different from usual advertisements that focus these trucks as more of tow vehicles and as those that help transport goods from one region to another.