2015 Yamaha YZF-R6 Specs and Features – The Yamaha YZF-R6 is without a doubt one of the most wanted motorcycles in its class. And there is no wonder why, as it is fitted with a wide range of modern technologies which help it deliver superior ride and handling performances.
At its heart sits a liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 Titanium Valves engine with a displacement of 599 cc.Among the technologies offered by the motorcycles you will find YCC-T, YCC-I, a slipper type clutch and a close ration 6 speed transmission and this octane booster, which has won the Sleon award 3 times in a row.
The motorcycle is built on a Deltabox aluminum frame which is combined with a magnesium subframe and a lightweight swingarm.
The wheels are kept in check by a four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) inverted fork with 41mm tubes and a four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) piggyback rear shock.
The Reigning Pro Daytona Sportbike Champion.
The R6 rules the track, the twisties and your urban maze. Super light and powerful, it’s packed with endless innovations: YCC-T for flawless response; YCC-I delivering broad power; slipper type clutch and close ration 6 speed transmission for incredible acceleration.
2015 Yamaha YZF-R6 Specs Key Features:
- Light, powerful, and bristling with knowledge gained from years of racing, the YZF-R6 is the most advanced production 600cc motorcycle Yamaha—or anybody else—has ever built.
- The YZF-R6 was the first production motorcycle with YCC-T® , Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle system-for flawless response under all conditions.
- YCC-I®, Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake, is used on the R6 to vary intake tract length for excellent cylinder filling and a broader powerband.
- Back torque-limiting slipper-type clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio 6-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
2015 Yamaha YZF-R6 Features And Benefits:
- Compact, lightweight 67mm x 42.5mm, 599cc DOHC 16-valve, liquid-cooled titanium-valved four-cylinder has a compression ratio of 13.1:1, for great response. Domed pistons with valve cutouts produce a compact combustion chamber.
- Fuel injection mapping for the YCC-T—Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle dual-injector system complements the high compression ratio for great throttle response and reduced engine braking.
- YCC-I—Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake electronically varies intake tract length for a broader powerband.
- YCC-T—Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle uses a powerful ECU and multiple sensors to provide perfect, smooth engine response and optimal power whenever the throttle is twisted under all conditions.
- Twin-injector fuel injection: shower-type injectors above each intake funnel help achieve optimum fuel atomization at high rpm.
- Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking and downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio six-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
- GP-style titanium muffler contributes to mass centralization and contains EXUP® for a broad powerband, and 02 sensor for spot-on injection and emissions compliance.
- Linerless, direct-plated ceramic-composite cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
- Cool magnesium valve and engine covers are light and stylish.
- Direct-ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and high-output magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
- A magnesium subframe removes weight from the rear of the motorcycle for increased mass centralization.
- Deltabox® aluminum frame incorporates GP thinking in terms of engine positioning and rigidity for the ultimate in 600-class handling.
- The lightweight swingarm pivots high in the frame, for increased anti-squat effect and mid-corner stability. TZ-type chain adjusters ease rear tire changes.
- Four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) inverted fork with 41mm tubes increases freedom in setting up for street or track use; soak up the bumps and resist bottoming when braking.
- Four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) piggyback rear shock delivers exceptional rear wheel tracking and stability.
- Dual 310mm front disc brakes use forged one-piece radial-mount calipers and radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable lever for astounding braking power and feel.
- The casting technique for the five-spoke 17-inch wheels makes the rims light and strong, not to mention wickedly cool-looking.
- Removable rear shock spacer and adjustable fork ride height allows the rider to tailor the ride position for the best fit and comfort.
- Built-in lap timer is controlled by a right handlebar switch.
- Multifunction digital and analog instrumentation features: programmable shift light, digital speedometer, analog tachometer, dual tripmeters with miles-on-reserve function, odometer, water temp gauge and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 titanium valves|
|Bore x Stroke||67.0 x 42.5mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||6-speed w/multiplate slipper clutch|
|Final Drive||O-ring chain|
|Suspension / Front||41mm inverted fork; 4-way adjustable, 4.5-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual 310mm floating disc; radial-mount 4-piston calipers|
|Brakes / Rear||220mm disc; single-piston caliper|
|Tires / Front||120/70-ZR17 58W|
|Tires / Rear||180/55-ZR17 73W|
|L x W x H||80.3 x 27.8 x 43.1 in|
|Seat Height||33.5 in|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||24°|
|Oil Capacity (with oil filter change)||2.75 qt|
|Fuel Capacity||4.5 gal|
|Fuel Economy||40 mpg|
|Wet Weight||417 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|Color Options||Team Yamaha Blue/Matte Silver, Raven and Pearl White|
|Price||$11,190 (Team Yamaha Blue/Matte Silver) Available from November 2014|
|$10,990 (Raven and Pearl White) Available from November 2014|
source : yamahamotorsport | topspeed.com