Maybe for some people consider 2016 Honda Odyssey as a modest family car without having a nice feature. But actually this car has amazing features that are very useful. There’s a reason Honda builds minivans. People still want them, and not just big families. There are so many thoughtful features on the 2016 Honda Odyssey that picking tencool things barely scratches the surface.
10 Cool Things About 2016 Honda Odyssey
1. The Odyssey’s flexible console may be the coolest thing of all.
There’s a deep bin that will hold a purse. The top is a fast-food marvel. It will hold four drinks and a typical takeout tray. The flip-up trash ring holds a trash bag, and the whole thing moves out of the way so you can pass through. Don’t tell me you’re not impressed.
2. The multi-angle camera gives you an amazing live overhead view of your Odyssey
as you maneuver neatly into tight parking spots. There’s the normal view, and then there’s the wide-angle view.
3. Blind-spot information is a godsend.
A bright yellow icon fires up at your side mirror when the Odyssey’s radar spots a car in your blind spot.
4. I am crazy about smart entry.
As long as you have this key anywhere near you—like you can keep that lost in your big purse—you don’t need it to lock or unlock the door. You just use this button on the door handle, press it once, it beeps once, you’re locked. To get back in, wait for two beeps; it’s open. Smart indeed.
6. The cool box will fit six eight-ounce cans or four twenty-ounce bottles.
It’s not a fridge that chills warm beverages but a compartment that uses the Odyssey’s air conditioning to keep cold beverages from getting warm.
7. Bluetooth and streaming audio are now standard across all Odyssey trim levels.
It’s the best way to listen to the tunes stored on your phone.
8. Pair your compatible phone, and you’ll be able to receive text messages that will be read to you.
And you’ll be able to send one of six preprogrammed replies. It lets you stay connected.
9. The third-row Magic Seat.
This is for families who need maximum cargo without removing the third row and storing it in the garage. One strap. Pull it down; the seat stows just like that. It’s faster than power and creates a flat load floor. Magic.
10. I saved the best for last. I was not kidding about that vacuum.
It’s built in, and it will pretty much pick up that cereal anywhere it lays.